Frodsham Churches Together
For over forty years, a group of like-minded people around Frodsham have sought to work together to support each other in friendship and Christian faith. They hope to continue to develop close links between churches and the local community through a range of activities including:
- Christmas Journey. Ready for Advent (the time leading up to Christmas), Christians from all the local churches work together to present Christmas Journey for Year 2 children.
- Week of prayer for Christian Unity. 18 to 25 January each year. Praying for unity does not
involve prayer for any specific schemes for unity. It is about being faithful to the prayer of Jesus Christ,
“that they may be one”. Part of this prayer is quoted in the Frodsham Churches Together logo at the
head of this page:
“May they be brought into complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.”
(John's gospel, chapter 17, verse 23)
- Easter Journey. Following on from Christmas Journey, Easter Journey is presented before Easter each year by members of all the Frodsham churches for Year 5 children.
- A Good Friday Walk of Witness. We follow a cross through the town centre and up to St Laurence church where we join the children who have been engaging in their own Good Friday activities. The walk ends at the top of Frodsham Hill.
- An Easter Morning Service on Frodsham Hill early on Easter Sunday.
- Christian Aid Week seeks to address the needs of the poor of the world. Amongst other fund-raising activities, envelopes are distributed to houses and collected by volunteers from the churches. Read an article about support for Christian Aid in Frodsham.
- Frodsham Churches Together newsletter is delivered to homes in Frodsham three times a year.
- Weekly events include a prayer meeting, a market day coffee morning and a bereavement support group. See the events page of this site for more information.
Details of events where the details are already available are on the events page of this site.