Frodsham Churches Together
What Frodsham Churches Together does
Frodsham Churches Together hope to continue to develop close links between churches and the local community through a range of activities including:
- Raising awareness around injustice such as human trafficking, poverty, and tax injustice.
- Study groups
- Christmas Journey. Ready for Advent (the time leading up to Christmas), Christians from all the local churches work together to present Christmas Journey for Year 2 children. Christmas Journey had to be cancelled in 2020.
- Easter Journey. Following on from Christmas Journey, Easter Journey is presented before Easter each year by members of all the Frodsham churches for Year 5 children. Easter Journey had to be cancelled in 2020 and in 2021.
- United services
- Week of prayer for Christian Unity. 18 to 25 January each year. Praying for unity does not
involve prayer for any specific schemes for unity. It is about being faithful to the prayer of Jesus Christ,
“that they may be one”. Part of this prayer is quoted in the Frodsham Churches Together logo at the
head of this page:
“May they be brought into complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.”
(John's gospel, chapter 17, verse 23)
- Follow a cross on Good Friday to the top of Frodsham Hill.
- On Easter Morning we have a sunrise service on Frodsham followed by a shared breakfast.
- Christian Aid Week seeks to meet the needs of the poor of the world. Amongst other fund-raising activities. Read an article about support for Christian Aid in Frodsham.
- Frodsham Churches Together newsletter is delivered to homes in Frodsham three times a year.
- Weekly events include a prayer meeting, a market day coffee morning, and a bereavement support group. See the events page of this site for more information.